#Attribution1 { display: none; }

Blog Tour + Interview: The Collectors' Society

Title: Collectors' Society, The
Author: Heather Lyons
Publication date: 23 October 2014

Amazon 


Synopsis:


From the author of the Fate series and The Deep End of the Sea comes a fantastical romantic adventure that has Alice tumbling down the strangest rabbit hole yet.
After years in Wonderland, Alice has returned to England as an adult, desperate to reclaim sanity and control over her life. An enigmatic gentleman with an intriguing job offer too tempting to resist changes her plans for a calm existence, though. Soon, she’s whisked to New York and initiated into the Collectors’ Society, a secret organization whose members confirm that famous stories are anything but straightforward and that what she knows about the world is only a fraction of the truth.
It’s there she discovers villains are afoot—ones who want to shelve the lives of countless beings. Assigned to work with the mysterious and alluring Finn, Alice and the rest of the Collectors’ Society race against a doomsday clock in order to prevent further destruction . . . but will they make it before all their endings are erased? 

The Author



About Heather

Heather Lyons has always had a thing for words—she’s been writing stories since she was a kid. In addition to writing, she’s also been an archaeologist and a teacher. Heather is a rabid music fan, as evidenced by her (mostly) music-centric blog, and she’s married to an even larger music snob. They’re happily raising three kids who are mini music fiends who love to read and be read to.

Contact Heather: Website  / Goodreads / Twitter / Facebook

Interview


»  Are your books pure fictions or does your own life or someone close to 
you inspire some aspects?
Honestly, I think every author writes part of themselves into a book, whether the influence be tiny or big. While my books are fiction, there are faint hints of me and others in my characters, but certainly none large enough that I could outright say, “This character is TOTALLY based on so-and-so.”
         »  Do you incorporate yourself into your characters' personalities? If so, which character are you most like?
Like I said, there are tiny hints of myself within all of my leads and a few others, but I don’t think any of them are very much a reflection of me, though. But yeah, small things. Love of dresses, hot chocolate, tea, refusal to drink coffee . . . A few friends who really know me and who read my stories will occasionally say, “Oh, I wonder where she got THIS tic?” hehe!
         »  What do you aim to teach your readers through your books?
You know, it’s funny—I’ve never been asked this before, although I’ve certainly thought a lot about it during the writing of my stories. While each series/book has a different theme I’m aiming for, the two general themes that I seem to come back to over and over again are: 1) Good guys are just as swoony as alphas (I only write good guys), and 2) Women can be kick*ss and strong and still have emotions and get help from others. It’s maddening for me to see people put down women in literature if they dare show emotions or call them Mary Sues.
         »  If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
My kids were asking me this just the other day. I’d pick teleportation. Is that a superpower? Because I’d really love the ability to just arrive at a location without the time and incidentals it takes to get there.
         »  Where did you get the inspiration for your characters' names?(Did real people inspire them? Did they come from other characters too? Were they something you picked up from a list of baby names?)
For The Collectors’ Society, all of my main characters’ names were already set by the stories they come from. That said, I did do pretty extensive research into every other name within the book. Name meanings or titles are crucial for quite a bit of the characters or come from real life associations with various stories/authors. For my other books, though, I tend to write names that I like or that just feel right for particular characters.
         »  Which scene(s) did you enjoy writing the most? (If it's too spoiler-y, you can say the page number)
Oh gosh, that’s hard, because there are two that fit. How about I give you the chapter names, so I don’t spoil anyone ahead of time? I loved writing The Wall and Star-crossed. Readers will definitely know why when they read them.
         »  What are 5 things you can't leave the house without?
My purse (it looks like a typewriter!), my cell phone, lip balm, a small first aid kit (I have sons, and they’re always requiring band-aids), and wet wipes (to clean hands/tables/etc…). Basically, mom stuff. Ha!
         »  Anywhere you still dream of travelling?
I love to travel, so YES to basically all of the above. Right now, I’m desperate for Paris.
         »  If you could give one advice to every human on earth, what would it be?
Choose kindness and compassion every single time.

Huge thank you to Ms. Lyons for allowing us to interview her!
This blog tour was hosted by:

Giveaway


No comments:

Post a Comment